1. Onboarding – Social VR Platform
Follow these steps to access the social VR platform Neos Metaverse:
- Make sure your computer meets the following system requirements:
- OS: Windows 10
- Direct X: Version 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 (equivalent or better)
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 AMD RX 570 (equivalent or better)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video RAM: 4096 MB
- Free Disk Space: 10 GB
- Network: Broadband Internet Connection
- Tethered HMD: Valve Index, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Pimax, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest with Virtual Link Cable or Air Link
- Make a Neos Metaverse account on https://neos.com/
(direct link: https://account.neos.com/)
Note down your credentials.
- Download and install the Neos Metaverse client.
a) Steam version via Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/740250/Neos_VR/
b) Alonestanding version via the Neos Metaverse homepage: https://neos.com/
(direct link: https://assets.neos.com/install/NeosPublicSetup.exe)
- Download and install the VR software for your HMD.
a) Steam VR: https://store.steampowered.com/app/250820/SteamVR/
b) Oculus VR: https://www.oculus.com/setup/
- Run Steam VR or Oculus VR.
- Run the Neos Metaverse client in Steam VR or Oculus VR mode.
- Enter your login credentials to access the platform as a registered user.
- To change the language, press the menu button on your left controller for a second (resp. ESC in desktop mode) to open your main menu, then open the Settings tab in the bottom row by clicking on it with your controller’s trigger button (resp. mouseclick in desktop mode). Now click on Change Language in the third row from the top and choose your desired language by clicking on it. To close the Language window, click somewhere outside its frame. To close the main menu, press the menu button on your left controller for a second (resp. ESC in desktop mode).
- If you’re behind a firewall – either deactivate it (the easiest solution) or allow access to the following ports to enable NEOS to establish a peer-to-peer connection via UDP:
12500; 12501; 12600; 12601
For further information, please refer to: https://wiki.neos.com/Networking_Information/
- For further questions, please refer to the “Neos Tutorial” Jason Moore did for his award-winning immersive Movie “Alien Rescue”: https://youtu.be/Cn8YE83Md1k
2. Onboarding – QUANTUM BAR
Follow these steps to experience the QUANTUM BAR on the Neos Metaverse:
- To let her know when to start the GPT-3 backend on her personal server, make an appointment to see the QUANTUM BAR and its bartender in action by writing an email to Christina XaosPrincess Kinne (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ensure to include your Neos Metaverse username in the email and wait for Christina XaosPrincess Kinne’s confirmation of the appointment and a sent contact request.
- In the Neos Metaverse, press the menu button on your left controller for a second
(resp. ESC in desktop mode) to open your main menu, then open the Contacts tab by clicking on it with your controller’s trigger button (resp. mouseclick in desktop mode).
- Click on QuantumBartender in the left column of the Contacts tab.
Now click on “Accept Request” in the top middle of the menu to accept the friend request.
The QuantumBartender will send you an invitation to the QUANTUM BAR.
With the QuantumBartender selected in the left column, click on “Join” in the bottom right corner of your main menu’s Contacts tab to enter the QUANTUM BAR.